What is Search Engine Reputation Management?
Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) is essential to ensuring a positive public image for companies online. It involve monitoring and influencing the public perception of the entity and involves the further management of any negative search results or remarks related to it. SERM allows for businesses to address any negative feedback or search results quickly, helping to protect the company’s reputation on the Internet.
Search engine reputation management (SERM) gives businesses and websites the opportunity to monitor activities that can affect their public image, both positively and negatively. This includes optimizing Search Engine Results, Paid Search Advertising, Press Release Optimization, Blogging, and Social Media Marketing. By taking advantage of all of these methods, companies can manage and maintain their reputation.
Why is SERM important?
ReviewTrackers data indicates that 94% of consumers are deterred from engaging with a business after reading a bad review – an impressive statistic that supports the importance of consistently monitoring and nurturing your online reputation. Here are the key reasons why such effort is worthwhile:
– Your company’s market value is directly dependent on its reputation.
– Many people make their opinion on whether to engage with an individual or a brand after searching online.
– Given the immense popularity of review sites across the web, people are likely to read what their peers say about you before forming an opinion.
Search Engine Reputation Management in Kanata (Ontario)
Our expert team is dedicated to monitoring and repairing your online reputation, so that potential customers view you in the best possible light. To stay oblivious to your online presence is not only unwise, but it also poses a grave risk to your business. Ensure that you remain aware of your online footprint, and take necessary steps to maintain it.
How does SERM Work?
Once a brand loses reputation, steps must be taken to restore its standing. People ask if they can alter their Google reputation and the answer is “yes”. Our firm helps brands rebuild their image through online reputation management strategies. Through search engine reputation management, we aim to influence a positive perception of the brand. SERM is multi-faceted and involves SEO, social media, content marketing, and PR. Here are some of the steps we take to achieve this:
- Optimizing website content
- Creating positive content about the brand
- Spreading the content through influencers
- Using SEO tools to reach the right audience
- Building relationships with customers
- Disputing negative feedback with facts
1.- Proactive Monitoring
To maintain and improve your online reputation, you need to keep an eye on it. Utilize search engines, blogs, and reviews platforms among sources to monitor the landscape. Additionally, your company should have a presence on online platforms such as social media or forums where your customers are engaging. You should be able to answer queries and concerns before they lead to negative feedback.
2.- SERP Cleansing
SERP Cleansing is the practice of removing negative search engine results from the top pages. To optimize the top ten search results for your business, create new, impactful content such as customer reviews, media coverage, guest posts and other positive content about your company. Aggressively publishing this type of content can have a huge impact on your search engine results.
3.- Improve SEO
To improve SEO, it is important to:
- Analyse the existing website backlinks and work on improving their quality
- Detect and fix any broken links within the website
- Develop a content strategy and generate high-quality content
- Use relevant keywords which better target the target audience
- Optimize page and images for mobile and desktop search
- Improve page loading and response speed
In order to improve your website’s SEO, it is essential to analyze the current backlinks and work on improving their quality. Additionally, detecting and addressing any broken links within the website is important to ensure that users have an optimal experience. Furthermore, a content strategy should be developed to create and publish high-quality content on a regular basis and using relevant keywords to better target the desired audience. Moreover, pages and images should be optimized for both mobile and desktop users while improving page loading and response speed.
4.- Respond to Negative Content
Make sure your organization stays on top of customer feedback and is prepared to respond to negative content as quickly as possible. When doing so:
- Reach out and contact the customer. Let them know you heard their feedback and are taking steps to address it.
- Apologize for any negative experience they may have encountered.
- Ask specific questions about their experience, allowing them to explain the issue in detail.
To effectively respond to negative content, be sure your organization is proactively monitoring customer feedback. Reach out to unsatisfied customers and apologize for their negative experience. Ask specific questions so they can fully explain the issue at hand, and then take action to remedy the situation. Doing this will ensure the customer feels heard and their needs are being addressed, improving brand loyalty and future interactions.
5.- Social Media Presence
Social media is a powerful platform for building and sustaining your audience, building trust, and gaining influence. It’s a chance to connect with customers and boost your SERP positions. The higher the engagement levels on your social media, the more trustworthy your brand and website will be in the eyes of search engines. Through positive feedback and mentions of your company or brand, your ranking and online presence will be reinforced.
6.- Push Positive Content
Social media can significantly expand your audience, build your leadership profile and increase trust. It provides a direct line to customers and a great opportunity to showcase your business. Through positive user feedback and interactions, you can significantly boost your presence in search engine rankings. Generating interest and engaging with followers on social media allows search engines to put more trust in your brand. All of this adds up to make your business more visible, reach more people and be sure of the authority of your message.
Conclusions for SERM
In order to get started with Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM), there are three important steps to consider:
- Monitor your online reputation. This is especially important in order to protect your brand online and offline. Monitoring activities on social media and building a loyal following is key.
- Pay attention to customer feedback. Transparency is important in order to build trust, so attend to all comments, both positive and negative.
- Leverage SERM experts. Our team of reps can guide you through the process and has worked on more than 500 projects across 30+ countries.